The Best Window Coverings for Sliders
You’ve probably heard that most people use their curtains to block light and provide privacy in their home. But there are other options available to you if your windows have a slider track – like an easy solution to adding privacy and light control with window coverings for sliders! You may also be interested in knowing what types of window coverings for sliders work best with sliding doors.
Window coverings for sliders come in a variety of types, each with their own set of pros and cons. The most popular types of window coverings are curtains, blinds, and shades.
There are several types of window coverings you can use with your sliders, but not every type works well with every type of window – so it’s important to take this into consideration when shopping around. Here are the most common types of coverings for each kind of slider:
- For sliding doors or windows with stationary panels, use curtains or shades
- For double-hung sliders, use blinds between the two panes
- For single-hung sliders, use shades on the top pane and blinds on the bottom
- For awning windows, use shades over the entire window If you’re not sure which type of window covering would work best with your slider, go for something simple like curtains or blinds. These are versatile options that you can easily switch out as your tastes change.
If you choose curtains, you need to make sure they are the right type of curtain rod for your window. Curtain rods come in several varieties: spring-loaded tension rod, double curved tension wire, single bar with clips or rings, and two bars with clips or rings. A good choice for a slider is one that has a tension bar. This type of rod is easy to install and easy to use – just pull the curtain closed!
If you choose window blinds, there are a few important things to consider:
- If you have a double-hung slider, mount the top half of the blinds closer to the upper part of the window so the sliders won’t catch on it.
- If you have a single-hung slider, mount the bottom edge of the blinds so they are just above the baseboard when in the raised position. Otherwise, you might damage your window or blinds when sliding them open or closed.
If you choose shades, you want to make sure they are fitted correctly. While there are many different window types, the two most common types of window shades for sliders are bamboo and mini-blinds with side channels.
If you choose bamboo shades, make sure to mount them so they hang straight. If your brackets aren’t strong enough, they may sag and fall out of place. Be sure to check your bamboo shades regularly for spots where the adhesive has failed – this is a common problem with bamboo shades.
Mini-Blinds with Side Channels
If you choose mini-blinds, make sure to mount them so that any cords will be on the side of your window. This will make it much safer for you and your kids to operate them!
The right choice for your home is a combination of factors that you will have to decide on yourself. The key here is to do research, because once you pick your covering, there’s nothing else you can do until the product arrives at your home.
20010 Fisher Ave Suite B, Poolesville, MD 20837