What to Consider When Buying Transom Window Coverings
Transom window coverings can be a challenge to select. They need to be both decorative and functional, as well as complement the other window coverings in the room. Transom windows are often narrow and tall, so finding the right window covering can be a bit of a trick. Not only do you have to take into account the overall style of the room, but also the amount of light that you want to let in and privacy needs. It’s important to get it right the first time, so read on for some tips on what to consider when buying transom window coverings.
Transom windows are a beautiful addition to any home, but they can be tricky to cover. There are many things to consider when buying transom window coverings, such as the type of window, the climate in your area and the amount of light you want to let in.
Here are a few tips on how to choose the perfect transom window coverings for your home!
- The type of window: There are many different types of transom windows, such as arched, rectangular, square and more. The type of window will determine the type of covering you need. For example, arched windows will require a different type of covering than rectangular windows.
- The climate in your area: It’s important to take into account the climate in your area when choosing window coverings. If you live in an area with extreme temperatures, you’ll want to choose a material that can withstand the heat or cold. This is especially important if your transom windows are located near an exterior door.
- The amount of light you want to let in: Transom windows are often used to let in light, so it’s important to consider how much light you want to let in when choosing your window coverings. If you want to let in a lot of light, choose a light-colored material. If you want to block out light, choose a darker material.
- The style of the room: The window coverings you choose should complement the style of the room. If you have a modern-style home, you’ll want to choose clean-lined window coverings. If you have a more traditional-style home, you’ll want to choose window coverings with more embellishments.
- Your privacy needs: One of the benefits of transom windows is that they can provide privacy while still letting in light. If you need privacy, choose a material that will block out light. If you don’t need privacy, choose a material that will let in light.
When it comes to transom windows, there are many things to consider. But with these tips, you’ll be sure to find the perfect window covering for your home. Just keep these things in mind and you’ll be sure to find the perfect transom window covering for your needs!
If you’re looking for a company that specializes in transom windows, check out Rebecca Munster Designs or give us a call today! We’d be happy to help you find the perfect window covering for your home.
Rebecca Munster Designs, LLC
20010 Fisher Ave Suite B, Poolesville, MD 20837