How to Choose the Perfect Custom Bed Skirt for Your Bedroom
Custom bed skirts are a perfect way to add a glamorous, classic or traditional feel to any space. So what are some of the steps you should go through when shopping for the perfect bed skirt? Let’s explore!
Types of custom bed skirts:
There are three main types of bed skirts:
- Tailored Bed Skirts: These are the most common type of bed skirts and they are tailored to fit snugly around your bed. They have a band at the top that attaches to the mattress and then a panel that hangs down to cover the box spring and floor.
- Ruffled Bed Skirts: Ruffled bed skirts add a touch of elegance and femininity to any bedroom. They are typically made from lace or other delicate materials and have multiple layers of ruffles along the bottom edge.
- Balloon Bed Skirts: Balloon bed skirts are a unique and trendy option that can add a lot of personality to your bedroom. They are made from a sheer material and have large, voluminous ruffles along the bottom edge.
Choose a color:
The next step is to choose a color for your bed skirt. This can be based on your bedroom’s existing color scheme or you could choose a contrasting color to make a bold statement.
Choose a fabric:
The type of fabric you choose will also affect the look of your bed skirt. If you want something dressy and glamorous, then silk or satin would be a good choice. If you want something more casual, cotton or linen would be a better option.
Consider the length:
Another thing to consider when choosing a bed skirt is the length. Most skirts are either 18 or 21 inches long, but you can find longer or shorter skirts if desired.
Think about the style:
Finally, you’ll need to think about the style of your bed skirt. Gathered skirts are the most popular type, but there are also many different styles of pleats and drapes to choose from. You can also find bed skirts in a variety of materials, colors and lengths to suit your needs.
Now that you know about the different types of custom bed skirts, it’s time to start shopping! Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect one:
- Measure your bed: The first step is to measure your bed so that you can find a skirt that is the right size. Be sure to measure the width and length of the mattress as well as the height of the box spring.
- Consider your bedroom style: Next, think about what style you want your bedroom to have. Do you want a glamourous, classic or traditional look? Or maybe something more modern and trendy? Choose a bed skirt that will complement the style of your bedroom.
- Choose the right fabric: Once you have decided on a style, choose a fabric that will match the look and feel of your bedroom. There are lots of different fabrics to choose from, so you can find one that fits your taste and budget.
- Consider the color: Another important factor to consider is the color of the bed skirt. Be sure to choose a color that will coordinate with the other colors in your bedroom.
- Shop around: Finally, be sure to shop around to find the best prices and selection. There are lots of different bed skirts available online and in stores, so you should be able to find one that fits your needs and budget.
So there you have it! These are some of the things you’ll need to consider when shopping for a bed skirt. By taking these steps into account, you’re sure to find the perfect one for your bedroom.
20010 Fisher Ave Suite B, Poolesville, MD 20837